Information for Homebuyers
When buying a new property, there are several items to keep in mind, not only for the inspection, but for the entire purchasing decision.
Here is a helpful checklist for homebuyers inspections:
What to Bring
- Your Realtor
- Open Mind
- Check List or Notebook
- Measuring Tape
- Is it a busy street? Night traffic? Air traffic?
- Are the other homes maintained?
- What kind of cars are out front?
- Where is the school located? Church? Stores?
- Is it a well-lit neighborhood?
- Do children live here? Is there a playground or park nearby?
- Does the home have “curb appeal”?
- Has it been well maintained?
- Is there standing water around the foundation?
- Where’s the garage? Do you park on the street?
- Do I want this lot size?
- Is damage to structure apparent? Termites?
- What is the overall temperatures? Lighting? Smell?
- Is the floor plan functional for my and/or family needs?
- Are handyman repairs apparent?
- Are there rugs in unusual places?
- Are the appliances included?
- Will my furniture fit?
Other Important Questions
- Is there an HOA? If so, what are the costs and restrictions?
- Why are they selling?
- How much are yearly taxes?
- What’s my overall “feeling” of this property? Does it fit?
Information for Sellers
When selling a property, you can greatly reduce items that your buyer may find on their inspection report by having an inspection done yourself and/or completing some simple steps to make your property ready for its new owner.
Here are some helpful tips for sellers:
14 Easy Fixes for Sellers
- Replace the batteries in smoke detectors.
- Install smoke detectors in each bedroom, hall and floor level. (if not already done)
- Replace any missing or broken switch and outlet cover plates.
- Repair leaky faucets.
- Tighten loose doorknobs or replace if needed.
- Repair or replace exterior door weather stripping.
- Caulk doors and windows at the exterior brick or siding.
- Replace damaged or missing screens.
- Replace broken panes of glass in doors and windows.
- Replace any burned-out light bulbs.
- Secure loose hand and stair railings.
- Patch holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, then repaint.
- Replace heating and air conditioning filters.
- Trim hedges at least 1 foot away from house.
Sellers Inspection Day Preparation
- Confirm with Centralized Showing Services (CSS).
- Make sure all utilities are ON inside the home.
- Clear the areas to: Electric Panel, Water Heater, Furnace, HVAC Unit, Attic, and Lawn Sprinkler Controller.
- Unlock all gates and unlock all electrical thermostats.
- Clear the attic access and landing areas.
- Clear out closets to access crawlspaces.
- Empty the dishwasher and oven.
- Make arrangements to secure or remove pets.
- Remove pet waste from the yard.
- Clean the swimming pool.
- Leave the house for an average of 3-4 hours.
Contact Us Today
We want to hear from you!
Kissee Inspection Services
5000 Eldorado Pkwy
Frisco, Texas 75033
Call or Text